StatCounter

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Side Car Mania

My brother Steven, knowing my love of anything motorcycle related, sends me little tidbits from time to time. This week he sent a power point presentation loaded with great side car pictures. Although many were attached to bicycles, there were many interesting, hilarious and indigenous ones attached to motorcycles. I’ve picked the power point apart so that I can share some of the ones that gave me pause. Take a look below at some of my favorites.


Now these folks must be rolling in dough! Mister still loves to get out on the bike, but the little woman needs to carry the walker. (Note the handicap parking tag in the window.) He’s come up with a solution. She travels in style befitting their station in life, and he still gets the wind in his hair. That is, if he still has any.


Then there were the photos of side cars that speak to the individuals themselves.



How about his one; this guy is clearly making a statement to bad biker dudes “go ahead, I dare you to make a comment!”



This guy likes power in his bike and in his drinks too.



What do you do when you can’t make up your mind to ride or fish?


Here’s another way to take the family along and still get your motorcycle time in.
Classy little number too.



Hey, this one is red. What can I say?
Personally, I like the leather seating inside the car. Looks comfortable and I can still enjoy the breeze.



I like the classic look here.
Wasn’t my first bike a classic?
Hmm…my first bike seemed to have similar color tones too.


Is this guy a firefighter? Note the emblems, ladder and air horns.
He takes pride in his career path.



I wonder if this is a dual duty model.
Maybe the passenger doesn’t like road grime.
At the end of the day, you just add water and wash off.



My good friend Jon the Apple Farmer comes to mind when I see this one.
He has a love of John Deere equipment that only other farmers can understand.



Last but not least my all time favorite.
My little grandson L-O-V-E-S Thomas the Tank Engine.
I can see Aiden’s smiling little face sitting in this side car.
I bet he would even try to overcome his fear of loud noises to go for a ride with Memere or Papo in this one!

The truth in all of these photos is evident to me.
If you love motorcycling you'll do just about anything to keep yourself in the saddle.
So if the little lady complains you are never home, or says "we gotta do things as a family" you don't have to give up riding. You just need a little imagination.






1 comment:

Baron's Life said...

Hi Pat...Sorry I'm late but a summer riding accident had actually put me out of commission longer than I would have liked.
I wish you and your family a Happy New Year
All the best for 2010

I have a similar collection of side cars on my blog...not the same, just similar...love your post...Keep warm and all the best