StatCounter

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting Ready for the Riding Season.

I’m looking forward to my annual trek to Boston for the bike show on February 13th. There is always something that makes the trip into this city worthwhile. Before that happens I will spend an evening with the NER for our annual holiday part February 6th. Yes, I know the holiday season is past, which is exactly why we have it late. The late date ensures we are all back from our travels and visits with family and friends and can focus on our riding buddies.

With the itch to get Blaze back out on the road, I found myself searching for events in New Hampshire. I enjoy opportunities to immerse myself in all things motorcycle, especially during the cold winter months. First up on February 6th is a free event for HOG members only. The Mt. Washington Valley HOG Chili Cook Off will be held on February 6, 2010 at the White Mountain Harley Davidson in North Conway, New Hampshire 12:00 until 2pm.

On March 4, 2010 join an event at the Harley Davidson Shop in Rochester that is for women only. The Women’s Garage Party starts at 5:00 pm and runs until 7:00 pm. It’s an opportunity for women to learn more about motorcycles and riding. The event is free so what do you have to lose if you’ve been considering motorcycle riding.

If you are indeed thinking about riding and have not yet taken that giant step, the State of New Hampshire will begin taking registration for the Motorcycle Rider Training Course on March 1st . The basic course, as well as the Intermediate and Experienced courses, is based on the curriculum developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Use the link above for more information.

Thank you to Motorcycle Monster for these current updates. Use the list below that I’ve borrowed from their web site for more NH events once the season is in full swing. Check them out for a list of events in your own state.

New Hampshire Motorcycle Events!

Jun 12: Peter Makris Memorial Run, Laconia NH

Jun 12 - Jun 20: Laconia Motorcycle Week, Laconia NH

Jun 12 - Jun 20: Inn to Inn Poker Run for Charity, N Conway NH

Jun 23 - Jun 24: Vermont and New Hampshire State HOG Rally,
Meredith NH

Jul 11: Jaffrey Chamber of Commerce 3rd Annual Poker Run,
Jaffrey NH

Jul 22 - Jul 24: New England District Rally, Gorham NH

Jul 23 - Jul 25:  911 Legacy Veterans Benefit Poker Run,
Jaffrey NH

Jul 24: NH DAV Motorcycle Ride, Exeter NH

______________________________________

Unrelated Note:

While I have been faithfully blogging at least twice weekly for nearly the past three years, my schedule has taken on more demands as of late. It’s all good, but with more activity comes a crunch in my favorite hobby; writing about all things motorcycle. Don’t be alarmed if the posting drop off a bit for a while. Once I get my second wind, I’m sure there will be a renewed posting fever. Thanks for your continued visits.

No comments: