StatCounter

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kudos

I’m taking the rest of the week off from my helmet search because I’ve noticed a number of open house events taking place in the next few weeks. MOM’s is one dealer that has an open house this coming weekend. I bought my last helmet there. MOM’s is friendly, seems to always have parts I need in stock, and will make a deal if you are really interested in something. I want to give MOM my business because they treat me right. With this in mind I thought I’d pass on some kudos for another company I always have good luck with.

Last evening Andy and I installed new engine guards on Blaze. I ordered the guards through Cruiser Customizing. I am never unhappy with a purchase though this company. I find the prices are reasonable, if not for the most part less than you can find elsewhere. Shipping on items over a certain dollar amount is often free. Typically, I search the web for days on end comparing prices to find the best deal on extras I want for my bikes. I have even gone so far as to be lulled into the bargain of the week, such as “use our code and get 20% off.” However, by the time I add the shipping, Cruiser Customizing still has the best deal all around.

When I place my order, it never disappears into cyber limbo. I get a confirmation directly. I’m kept up to date with e-mail notifications when the part is shipped, along with ETA. The engine guards where shipped when promised, arrived on time, intact and unscathed. The instructions were included, well written and clear, with not one piece of hardware missing. Andy, who machined parts for more than 30 years, had not one bad word to say about the product. No comments about lack of deburring, or quality of the finish. Such complaints usually lead to a long soliloquy that questions the work ethic of “some people.” I’m happy to be spared this fate.

If you think the prices are due to second rate products, think again. They carry Tourmaster, First Gear and Joe Rocket for riding gear. For parts and accessories, Küryakyn, Vance & Hines and Cobra. Need tires? They will sell you Metzeler, Dunlop and Bridestone. The website even has short videos on how-to projects I find helpful. Check out the site, it’s easy to navigate and uncluttered. While you’re there, sign up for the newsletter, so you don’t miss a thing.

No comments: