StatCounter

Friday, March 6, 2009

Setbacks, Disappointment and Strategy

The last few weeks have been a roller coaster of sorts, from elation at the prospect of a new bike, the low at being felled by the flu, to my immense disappointment in others. In clawing my way back to good health I realize some of my disappointment could be directly related to not feeling well and having a low tolerance for shenanigans.

Fortunately, in the midst of the blatant reality of human nature, my niece gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. This precious bundle reminded me of a quote I once read on a fancy wall plaque in a gift store:

“Every child born is proof that God is not yet tired of man.”
~anonymous~

The pure innocence of a newborn babe has me in a forgiving mood. Then again, we humans are a resilient sort. With that said I am picking up my marbles and going to play in another schoolyard.

If all this sounds cryptic, it is done so deliberately. For while I like to believe I’m not one to hold grudges, I am superstitious. I want all the i’s dotted and all the t’s crossed before more is said. Also too, I did not want you to think I fell off the face of the earth. If you have a superstitious streak in you, cross your fingers in the hope that I’ll have good news to share tomorrow.

No comments: