StatCounter

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

175th Year: An Anniversary Celebration

The Peterborough Town Library will be celebrating their 175 anniversary in April. “The Peterborough Town Library, established 1833, is the oldest public library in the world.” In celebration, the Library will host a number of events that day. The Monadnock Writers’ Group, of which I am a member, has been invited to participate. Twelve members will read for ten minutes each. The Group comprises a broad spectrum of genre from poetry, memoirs, essays, fiction and the like. I will be one among the twelve readers. My intention at this time is to read Aiden, an account of events surrounding my grandson’s arrival on this earth. However, I have time to consider my options.


In any event, Aiden will be published shortly at our online literary magazine, Ad Hoc Monadnock Online. The group is in the process of resurrecting this online magazine and should become live sometime this month. If you cannot make the event you may read my personal essay here. Writing is my passion, and I am pleased to be considered as one of the twelve readers.

No comments: