StatCounter

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Au revoir, Adiós, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye

I knew the day would come. Still, when all is said and done, I spend a sleepless night, tossing and turning over the ordeal. True, Oliver appears to be a great young man. The twinkle in his eye and the body language he exudes tells me he has fallen head over heals for Jade.

His hand runs over the length of her. He delights in the music of the engine and pipes in their duet. He tests the feel and comfort of her saddle. Slowly, a wide grin spreads across his face and I know he is totally and completely infatuated.

I stand near and twirl the leather grip tassels between my fingers as one would twirl hair when nerves are tense. I see Jade again as on the first day we met and I understand his excitement. I tell him about all of her amenities. There is no need. It is interesting information only at this point.

We agree on a price and shake hands. Then Oliver and I stand for a few moments while photos are taken. I can’t post them. It is too much for me. I stand and watch as Oliver and Jade take their first tentative ride around the lot. Oliver has a new motorcycle cover. We help him cover her for the night. I give him a few last pieces of advice about her care. He listens with serious intent. I think I like him. Jade will be loved. So why is my vision so blurry?

No comments: