StatCounter

Monday, March 9, 2009

It’s a Done Deal








It’s been a long and difficult search, but the new baby is finally home. Let me introduce Blaze. Blaze is a 2007 Yamaha V Star 1300 tour model. She arrives to us with 627 miles on the clock. Yamaha calls this color Candy Red. She certainly is sweet.

Why have I named her Blaze? Well, a blaze is red hot and not to be messed with. A blaze is difficult to contain. In autumn the leaves display a blaze of color that is hard to ignore. Then too, a motorcycle is meant for travel. We will blaze many a new trail across New England and beyond. In the Urban Dictionary, blaze means to smoke. (We won’t say what.) This bike is certainly smokin’ hot to me. Blaze is a name that fits well with my handle, Sojourn. Sojourn and Blaze will partner for many an adventure together.

Since it is mud season here, the parking lot is the only riding available, but I am surprised by my first impressions of Blaze. In looking at photos you would think Blaze is big and cumbersome. She is not a heavy bike at all. Blaze is nimble, agile and responsive. When straddled, she is the right height and feels comfortable beneath me.

While I am excited to be in possession of a new motorcycle, I feel it is important to express that Blaze is NOT a replacement for Jade. Jade is unique in her own right. You cannot replace one motorcycle with another anymore than you can replace one child with another. (IMHO) They each have their own characteristics, and personalities. I will be looking for a new home for Jade. It will please me to no end, to find someone who will love her as much as I.

Finding my way to a larger more powerful bike has been a long road filled with emotional ups and downs. Yet, it is only half the journey. I must now steel myself for the gut wrenching chore of waving goodbye to Jade, my good and faithful steed.

6 comments:

fasthair said...

Ms. Pat: Weeeeeeee!!! Now this is what I’ve been waiting for! Blaze a great looking bike and I really like the color. The name seems fitting too. Lets see. Details, I want details. Other then the fact Blaze has everything on your must have list (except shaft drive, belt is even better IMO) what made this bike the choice? Got any plans on things to add or change? If it was my bike the saddle bags would get painted to match the bike. That would make Blaze really pop I think. Maybe finish out the front end with a liberal does of chrome. Nix the silly bar and passenger seat for that low sleek nomad look. It’s not like Andy is going to be riding back there anyway :) And… and… and…

Congratulations on the ride. I’ve been watching the ups and downs you have went through when you started this journey. It’s nice to see the end of the beginning and look forward to reading about the start of the new adventures. Waiting to read about the new road stories as they unfold.

Oh I forgive you for not riding Blaze home in the snow. Your drive would have made a real mess of that shiny machine

fasthair

p.a.henderson55@gmail.com said...

Mr Fasthair, Good suggestions and good questions too. Maybe my next post will explain why I selected the 1300 V Star.

Willie aka NomadWillie said...

Woo Hoo!!!!, happy trail blazing with Blaze.

p.a.henderson55@gmail.com said...

"Woo Hoo" are exactly what is happening in my head!!! :-)

JoeRocket said...

That is ONE fancy bike, missy! I'm sure we won't miss seeing you coming down the road.

Ride it in good health and happiness.

Best regards,

Jeff

Baron's Life said...

Congratulations
Excellent choice.
Good Bike and good looks.
You will enjoy this ride....!!!