StatCounter

Friday, July 24, 2015

Falling Into Just Riding instead of Writing...Whispering Giants Tour.

I've been meaning to post all about my mini vacation around Independence Day but so far, all I have managed to do is upload my pictures. Before much more time gets away from me, here are some photos from our 1400 mile adventure.


Whispering Giant in Dunkirk NY. Right on Lake Erie.


Enjoying the views of the lake on July 4th.

Lighthouse in Dunkirk.

More views along the lake.



Whispering Giant in Sharon PA on the Ohio state line.

Very disappointing to discover the Whispering Giant
in Williamsport PA was taken down
2 weeks before my arrival.
Nothing but a pedestal and metal bars. 






We had to get off the highway as there was a major traffic jam.
But we found some great byways and exceptional homes to admire.


 Since Williamsport was such a bust, 
we took a swing through Springfield MA
for this Whispering Giant. (seen in the background)


If anyone would like more details, just write. I'll make a list of questions and post another entry.



2 comments:

VStar Lady said...

I am going to have to go in search of Whispering Giants now. I'd never heard of them before. Thanks for sharing the ride.

Gregg Dunne said...

Looks like you had an amazing time. I would love to go on an adventure like this. Love your blog too! Always interesting to read about your travels.

Greg