StatCounter

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Helmet Cam

Last summer I experimented for the first time with a helmet camera. My selection was a very affordable Polaroid HD Professional Action Camera XS80. It’s has 120 degree viewing angle and is waterproof. (You can check all the specification online.) The reason I selected this camera was for its small size. It fits nicely on the side of my helmet. It’s easily reached to switch on or off. A drawback for some who need instant gratification is that it doesn’t have a viewing window like other more expensive action cams. But you can’t see it while riding anyway and you do have to wait until you can view it later on another device. This is not a problem for me; I’m into enjoying the ride and I can watch the video later when I’m relaxing.

I’ve posted a few of my favorites on YouTube. I’ll be looking at the rest of my video footage from this trip to see what else might be of interest to riders. If you are thinking about visiting Nova Scotia, some of the sights might encourage you to do so. There’s no time like the present for planning your next great adventure!




PS: You photographers out there, wouldn't some of these boats make great subjects!

1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

Nova Scotia (Newfoundland too) are on the bucket list for riding and visiting.

I definitely would have wanted to stop and look at the boats and take pictures. Hard to stop when you want to ride too.