StatCounter

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cool New App for Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Lately the itch has set in. I’m antsy, can’t concentrate, and am prone to daydreaming. I can’t point to any one factor for this recent emotional state, but feel it’s a combination of a number of factors. For one, the weather in March for a few weeks seemed more like June, and we got out on the motorcycles and enjoyed being back on the open road. Second, my company recently increased their vacation allocations and I’ve been beside myself with the possibilities this presents me with the added time off I’ll be enjoying this year. Oh the places I’d like to travel; the people I’d like to meet, and the food I’d love to experience across this incredibly diverse continent or ours!


My restlessness had me scouring the web for the ultimate destination. To my great joy and delight, I stumbled upon Motorcycle Roads.com . I was instantly drawn in. The site is neat and clean, easy to navigate and full of useful information without a lot of fluff. Let’s get to brass tacks, it says to me, you want to ride, we have some great suggestions! It didn’t take me long to sign up as a member to receive the e-newsletter although I could see a ton of other benefits I can take advantage of right there at the website.


When I thought I had just died and gone to heaven, I saw the sidebar add for a mobile web app! Where my eyes deceiving me? Absolutely not! I kept reading. “MotorcycleRoads Mobile web app (AKA MCR Mobile) is more than just a navigation aid; it gives you a ton of travel info you can access on the fly for a flawless, fantastic journey anywhere in America!” The app offers perfectly formatted viewing for your device, has route descriptions, photos, video and supporting facts. The routes are rated for scenery, road quality, and include attractions and amenities. And if that isn’t enough for you, there are links to the local weather forecast and rider comments. Some of these valuable comments provide feedback advice on restaurants, pubs, speed traps and safety hazards.



In addition to the great features I’ve just listed, you can customize with your own “My Roads Wish List” and “Roads I’ve Driven.” You can flag roads that look interesting or exciting to you and add them to your personal list. OK, I was IN. For $2.99 this is a great value! Then I hit a roadblock. The app is currently available only for iPhone or iPod Touch. Shucks! I’m walking around with my Android device. I do like my Android so what to do? Not to worry. They are working on apps for other devices such as Android, Blackberry, iPad and Palm. I signed up at this link so that I can be notified when the app is ready for my device. It was easy!

While I’m waiting for this app to be delivered for my device, I hope a few of you will take advantage of this and let me know how you like it. And by the way, my company is the industry leader in application performance management, and is expert in mobile app devices. So if while you’re using it, you run into any quirks, we can help get them ironed out. I want this app and if you are like me, you want it now and you want it dependable and reliable. After all, we don’t want any complications to come between us and the open road.

1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

Very cool site. Thanks for sharing your find. It's going to be fun to poke around in it.

Alas my cell phone is old and doesn't do anything but call and text so I'll have to wait for the iPad app to come out to go mobile.